Thursday, February 12, 2009

The True Meaning of Success

"Alright fellas, we're going to start the bidding at $5, do I hear $5 anyone?"

The date auction started out with a BANG! The first female to go up for bid was auctioned off for $130. I can officially say that I am 100% satisfied with the turnout of our Charity Date Auction. The title of the event was "21 Flavors for just 1 night," and booooy was it an unforgettable night. We had a great crowd; I'd have to say it was just the right mix.

This event took a lot of time and communication, but I think it was executed very well. I am very thankful that we co-sponsored the event with 3 other great organizations. They were proactive and constantly stayed on top of everything. Now I truly know what it takes to make a successful event happen.

See, a lot of people who only attend events don't know how much work and preparation go into them. So I feel that it is my job to expose these great, hardworking leaders. In the end, everything seemed to just fall into place, but it wasn't magic that did it. It was the amazing students of these organizations that pulled everything together.

I just want to give a BIG thanks to:

La Unidad Latina, Lamba Upsilon Lamda Fraternity, Inc.
Success Without Limitations and
WODU

Without these 3 organizations the Charity Date Auction would not have been a success. THANK YOU ALL!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment